Software SIParator®/Firewall® – The Secure Software Enterprise SBC
It is an ideal solution for IP-PBX vendors, system integrators and other customers that want to deploy a large number of Ingate products on their own hardware platform. The Software SIParator®/Firewall® is designed to be installed on a virtual machine using one of several hypervisors. The Software SIParator®/Firewall® is the same software that runs on Ingate’s award-winning E-SBC hardware products. The Software SIParator®/Firewall® can handle up to 2,000 Concurrent Call Sessions or simultaneous calls.
Trusted Network Security for VoIP
Ingate’s architecture boasts a true SIP proxy controlling the built-in firewall which enables secure firewall NAT traversal of the SIP traffic. Ingate E-SBCs support Transport Layer Security (TLS) for secure SIP signaling. They also support and transcodes to encrypted SRTP (Secure Real-time Transport Protocol), providing a high level of security for live data with advanced encryption, confidentiality, message authentication and replay protection. When combined, these protocols further shield users from eavesdroppers, hackers and spoofers.
Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention System (IDS/IPS) has become a crucial security measure for enterprise deployments of SIP. IDS/IPS works in tandem with Ingate’s other security techniques further strengthening security for VoIP, SIP trunking, Unified Communications and other SIP applications. The Software SIParator®/Firewall® can work hand-in-hand
with an existing network firewall to allow SIP traffic to traverse the enterprise edge. It can also be set to alone secure all SIP and data traffic. To learn more about the Software SIParator®/ Firewall® and supported hardware.
Support for SIP Trunking
More and more Internet Telephony Service Providers (ITSPs) offer SIP trunks. The SIP trunk can be delivered over the public Internet or a dedicated connection and both these models are supported by Ingate’s E-SBCs. All Ingate E-SBCs include the Ingate SIP Trunking software, which makes SIP trunking possible by solving Network Address Translation (NAT) traversal, allowing the enterprise to connect to the SIP trunk. They also solve compatibility issues between the IP-PBX and ITSP, ensuring a quick and simple deployment.
Software Modules and Licenses
• Ingate SIP Trunking allows enterprises full use of their IP-PBXs and not only communication over IP within the enterprise but also outside the enterprise. Licenses for the number of concurrent calls needed over a particular trunk group are easily added.
• Ingate Remote SIP Connectivity allows remote and mobile workers to work from behind a NATing device at home, a hotel or wireless hotspot and make and receive calls using the IP-PBX located at the corporate headquarters. One simply adds the number of Remote User SIP Session licenses needed.
• Ingate Enhanced Security allows support for TLS and encrypted SRTP.
• VoIP Survival allows an enterprise using a centrex or hostedPBX solution to fail over to the Ingate product, to enable internal calls and redirect outside calls to a local PSTN gateway.
• Quality of Service (QoS) ensures excellent voice quality by setting priorities and allocating bandwidth properly.
• SIP Registrar user licenses make the Ingate SIParator®/Firewall®the primary registrar server and permits SIP clients to register.
• Q-TURN session licenses enable WebRTC to be used with quality on security-restrictive enterprise networks. (product not yet launched – awaiting standards finalisation.)