The 6400 runs the ﬁeld-proven Alcatel-Lucent Operating Software (AOS), providing an outstanding edge solution for highly available, self-protective, easily managed and eco-friendly networks. Solutions that will beneﬁt from these versatile LAN switches include SMB converged networks, remote workgroups, metro Ethernet access for residential/metro triple-play applications.
- Always-on robust infrastructure, optimal response time for users and applications, investment protection.
- Edge network security and control allowing business continuity and preventing network outages.
- Scalable and versatile conﬁguration with effortless deployment meeting SMB, branch ofﬁce or service providers preferences.
Availability and performance
- Wire rate switching and routing performance
- High availability with redundant stacking links, primary/secondary unit failover, hot swappable power options and conﬁguration rollback
Security and quality of service
- Auto-sensing network access control through Access Guardian framework (802.1X, MAC, rules)
- Advanced quality of service (QoS) and access control lists (ACLs) for trafﬁc control
- Automated containment and quarantine with Alcatel-Lucent Quarantine Manager
Unmatched ﬂexibility and simpliﬁed manageability
- Choice of 24 ports, 48 ports power over Ethernet (PoE) or non-PoE, and ﬁber models.
- Scalable from 24 to 384 ports via high speed stacking.
- AOS management through web interface (Webview)
- Supported by Alcatel-Lucent 2500/2700 Network Management System (NMS) and 5620 Service Aware Manager (SAM)* applications.