The Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch® 6850E Stackable LAN Switch (SLS) family offers advanced stackable gigabit Ethernet switches for the enterprise networks. The OmniSwitch 6850E is available in 24 and 48 port configurations and provides wire-rate layer-2 and layer-3 switching simultaneously for IPv4 and IPv6. The OmniSwitch 6850E supports fine grained controls for quality of service (QoS) and for security including network access control (NAC), along with full support for 802.3at compliant power over Ethernet (PoE) and additional 10Gig ports for smooth expansion of existing installations where PoE+ or SFP+ is needed. These versatile LAN switches can be positioned at the edge of mid- to large-sized converged enterprise networks and at the aggregation layer, in a small enterprise network core. They are also suitable as advanced CPEs for Ethernet access for metro and managed services.
- With the variety of interfaces and models, the OmniSwitch 6850 family meets any customer configuration need and offers excellent investment protection and flexibility, as well as ease of deployment, operation and maintenance.
- Enterprise-wide cost reduction through hardware consolidation to achieve network segmentation and security without additional hardware installation.
- The OmniSwitch 6850E ensures efficient power management, reduces operating expenses and lowers total cost of ownership (TCO). Ensures that the new devices such as CCTV cameras, WLAN access points, and full featured desktop sets can be supported.
- Outstanding performance when supporting real-time voice, data, and video applications for converged scalable networks.
- A field-upgradeable solution that makes the network highly available and reduces operating expenses .
- Fully secures the network at the edge, at no additional cost.
- Unified Access and Application fluent Networks provide resilient architecture with automated controls, enhanced security and simplified management for both wired and wireless users resulting in reduced operational complexity & lesser cost. User Network Profiles add intelligence to the network to automatically adapt as users move around the enterprise network. Integration of services enable employees to access same applications and service across wired and wireless access and thus gives a consistent, seamless user experience.
- OS6850E offers flexible deployment options for BYOD services which does not require a forklift upgrade and protects customer investment. Automatic on-boarding and 802.1x provisioning of user devices helps in IT operation simplification and increased wired LAN security. Provides improved control and security over corporate data/applications for mixed personal and corporate environment.
- Simplifies Metro Ethernet network OA&M for service providers.
- Versatile features and models offering: • Gigabit and 10 Gigabit interfaces • IEEE 802.3af and 802.3at compliant PoE • Optional 10GigE plug-in module delivers additional 2 10 Gigabit SFP+ ports.
- Hardware-based virtual routing and forwarding (VRF) support.
- Low power consumption, full support for 802.3at PoE+ providing up to 30W of PoE per port.
- Wire-rate performance for switching and routing at 10G and gigabit speeds. Advanced services are incorporated in the operating system; for example, QoS, access control lists (ACLs), L2/L3, VLAN stacking, and IPv6.
- Redundancy at all levels including power supplies, software and hot-swappable Small Form Factor Pluggable (SFP) modules.
- Extensive security features for network access control (NAC), policy enforcement and attack containment.
- Enhanced Unified Access features for converged campus network solutions.
- SIP Fluency to provision & monitor QOS treatment of SIP flows.
- Airgroup™ Network Services for Bonjour speaking devices.
- Integrated Policy with User Network Profile.
- Citrix VDI fluency enables differentiated services for VDI flows.
- Enables deployment of advanced, secure BYOD services in enterprise networks-
- Advanced zero-touch guest management capabilities.
- Device on-boarding and automated 802.1x provisioning.
- Device posture/health check, and fingerprinting.
- Application management- ready for Metro Ethernet access:VLAN stacking, multicast switiching, dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) snooping/option 82, ITU-T Y.1731,IFEE 802.1ag, IFEE 802.3ah and MAC Forced-Forwarding.