Designed for flexibility and scalability as well as low power consumption, the OmniSwitch 6450 Stackable Gigabit and Fast Ethernet Switch runs the field-proven Alcatel-Lucent Operating Software (AOS). This product family offers an outstanding edge solution for highly available, secure, self-protective, easily managed and eco-friendly networks. The 6450 portfolio is embedded with the latest technology, AOS innovations and offers maximum investment protection.
Meeting customer configuration needs and offering investment protection with easy deployment, operation, and maintenance.
Provides outstanding performance supporting real-time voice, data, and video applications for converged scalable networks.
Ensures efficient power management, reduces operating expenses and lowers total cost of ownership through low power consumption and dynamic PoE allocation, which delivers only the power needed by the attached device.
Fully secures the network at the edge.
Cost reduction through hardware consolidation to achieve network segmentation and security.
Automated switch setup and configuration and end-to-end virtual LAN (VLAN) provisioning, supports cost-effective installation and deployment.
- 24-port and 48-port, Power over Ethernet (PoE), non-PoE, and 24-port fiber models with two fixed small form factor pluggable (SFP+) 10-G interfaces (“X” models) and 10G-ready interfaces (“non-X” models).
- Scalability from 24 to 384 Fast Ethernet and gigabit ports with 16 10 GigE ports.
- Optional SFP+ stacking module.
- Optional 10 GigE uplink licen option for “non-X” models.
- Optional metro services feature license on “non-M” models for service provider deployments.
- Support for IEEE 802.3af as well as IEEE 802.3at-compliant PoE.
- Support for Precision Timing Protocol (PTP) through IEEE 1588v2 (“S” models only).
- Internal AC or DC -redundant power supplies.
- AOS field-proven software managed through a web interface (WebView), command line interface (CLI), and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP).
- Support for programmable AOS OpenFlow for the creation of specialised services.
- Ethernet operations, administration and management (OA&M) support for service configuration and monitoring.
- Supported by Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista™ 2500 Network Management System (NMS).
- Alcatel-Lucent 5620 Service Aware Manager (SAM) applications for service providers.