The enterprise models address the small and mid-sized enterprise edge and branch office environments, while the metro models address the residential and business Ethernet access supplied by service providers.
- Provides simplified selection with only two enterprise models (PoE and non-PoE).
- Reduces sparing and inventory costs.
- Allows for any mix of PoE and non-PoE, up to 416 ports.
- Small form factor and low noise output make the OmniSwitch 6250 ideal for co-location environments.
- Leads the industry in price/feature-performance ratio.
- Provides outstanding features and performance for supporting scalable, real-time voice, data and video applications for converged networks.
- Allows existing AOS customers/users immediate familiarity with the product from day one. New users may choose the method of switch access most beneficial to their needs.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Offers innovative half-rack-wide models for a great variety of switch combination deployments.
- Highly efficient and optimized in their form factor, power consumption and acoustic output.
- A feature-rich, cost-effective, 10/100 stackable switch built on the latest ASIC technologies.
- Scalability from 24 to 192 Fast Ethernet and 16-gigabit uplink ports.
- The Alcatel-Lucent virtual chassis design provides resiliency with integrated 5 G HDMI performance.
- Optional metro services feature license for service provider deployments.
- Support for IEEE 802.3af as well as IEEE 802.3at-compliant PoE.
- AC or DC redundant power supplies.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty Software and Hardware Support included.
- AOS field-proven software with management through web interface (WebView), command line interface (CLI) and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP).
- Supporting programmable AOS OpenFlow for the creation of specialized services.
- Ethernet operations, administration and management (OA&M) support for service configuration and monitoring.
- Support by Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista™ 2500 Network Management System (NMS).
- Alcatel-Lucent 5620 Service Aware Manager (SAM) applications for service providers.